Coronavirus Emergency Plan
27 Mar 2020
The Government has provided a range of guidelines to companies to promote the welfare of our residents, staff and contractors during this unprecedented time due to the Covid-19 virus outbreak.
As the situation evolves, we continue to extend our plans to ensure the welfare of our staff, maintain our duty of care to our residents and protect the economic future of our building.
To this end we are taking the following safeguarding steps:
- Increasing our use of digital technology to avoid face to face contact.
- Closing the front of house service but still providing security cover.
- Making changes to our operating procedures.
- Only carrying out essential/emergency maintenance work.
- Encouraging home working for staff where this is viable to limit potential exposure.
- Utilising the Government's Job Retention Scheme to support staff who are not in the essential worker categories and who must stay at home.
- Advising people who fall ill to self-isolate immediately. Please advise the Board so that the volunteer helpers may offer their assistance.
- Respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene is to be encouraged.
- Increased frequency of routine cleaning of commonly touched surfaces and public areas.
- Share information about the steps we are taking in the interest of our community’s health on the Sussex Heights website and leaflet distribution.
- Mobilising localized community response to assist neighbours (particularly the vulnerable, those with underlying medical conditions and self-isolators through telephone contact, food shopping and collection of medicines.
- Restricting contractors and delivery personnel from entering the building unless essential.
We will continually review and update our plans. We continue to communicate with all interested parties.
We would also like to ask all residents to limit usage of the lifts to one person at a time unless you share your flat with another person. You may also use the trades lift.
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic we need to ask everyone to put all your rubbish AND recycling in strong plastic bags and make sure they are properly tied.
Thank you for your consideration and support during these difficult times.
The Board of Sussex Heights
27 March 2020